This is a description of how I have set up our Bring Your Device solution at my current school. It makes use of the following hardware and software:
- Smoothwall UTM1000
- Netgear WC7520 WiFi Controller
- Netgear WNDAP360 and WNDAP350 Access Points
- Netgear GSM7328S v2 L3 Switch
- Netgear GS724TPS Smart Switch
- Microsoft Server 2008 R2 NPS RADIUS Server
- Microsoft Server 2008 R2 DNS and DHCP Servers
Continue reading Bring Your Own Device – A Technical Perspective
For quite some time now I have been seeing scores of the following errors filling up my WSUS Server’s Event Viewer;
- 12052 – The DSS Authentication Web Service is not working.
- 12042 – The SimpleAuth Web Service is not working.
- 12022 – The Client Web Service is not working.
- 12032 – The Server Synchronization Web Service is not working.
- 12012 – The API Remoting Web Service is not working.
- 12002 – The Reporting Web Service is not working.
- 13042 – Self-update is not working.
However, WSUS was receiving updates from Microsoft and all of my clients were getting updates from my server, so I did not let it bother me too much! Today I was setting up monitoring for all services and roles on this server and so decided I wanted to clear these errors up for good.
Continue reading WSUS Website Verifications are not accurate