This is a description of how I have set up our Bring Your Device solution at my current school. It makes use of the following hardware and software:
- Smoothwall UTM1000
- Netgear WC7520 WiFi Controller
- Netgear WNDAP360 and WNDAP350 Access Points
- Netgear GSM7328S v2 L3 Switch
- Netgear GS724TPS Smart Switch
- Microsoft Server 2008 R2 NPS RADIUS Server
- Microsoft Server 2008 R2 DNS and DHCP Servers
Continue reading Bring Your Own Device – A Technical Perspective
I have been in the process of setting up a BYOD solution at my school for the past few months (more on this to follow!) and have set-up a NPS / RADIUS Server as the core authentication server for this solution. All was going well and the launch was publicised to everyone for the start of the January term.
I returned after the Christmas break to perform some final tests and document the system ready to let our students start connecting their own devices; when I found that Apple and Android devices would connect fine but I could not get any Windows laptops to connect at all!
Continue reading Windows Clients not authenticating to NPS / RADIUS Server