These links are to Google COLAB notebooks to accompany the NCCE Year 8 Introduction to Python lessons available here: https://teachcomputing.org/curriculum/key-stage-3/introduction-to-python-programming
Google COLAB notebooks work great with Google Classroom or Moodle and have allowed me to continue to teach Python programming remotely!
In Lesson 4, you make use of the Open Weather Maps API to pull real-time weather data. In order for this to work you will need to sign up for a free API key here: https://home.openweathermap.org/users/sign_up and then add this API key to the 2 notebooks for lesson 4.
- Lesson 1 – First Steps notebook
- Lesson 2 – Crunching numbers notebook
- Lesson 3 – At a crossroads notebook
- Lesson 4 – More branches notebook
- Lesson 4 – Retrieving the weather notebook
- Lesson 5 – Round and round notebook
- Lesson 6 – Putting it all together notebook
Adapted from the NCCE resources available here.
All NCCE Resources are licensed under the Open Government Licence, version 3. For more information on this licence, see ncce.io/ogl.