These resources are based on the fantastic resources over here from the Raspberry Pi Foundation. When I decided to use these for a Year 9 unit I spent some time going through the resources testing it all whilst making these slides. It turned out that the resources still needed updating for Raspbian Jessie. I have submitted all the changes contained in these resources back through GitHub and they are being incorporated into the official resources.
In the mean time here are my versions of the resources for you to use.
- Static IP Address setup guide
- Lesson 1 – How do computers communicate? – Lesson Slides
- Lesson 1 – How do computers communicate? – Student Worksheet
- Lesson 2 – The Internet of Things – Lesson Slides
- Lesson 2 – The Internet of Things – Student Worksheet
- Lesson 3 – DHCP – Lesson Slides
- Lesson 3 – DHCP – Client Worksheet
- Lesson 3 – DHCP – Server Worksheet
- Lesson 4 – DNS – Lesson Slides
- Lesson 4 – DNS – Client Worksheet
- Lesson 4 – DNS – Server Worksheet
Networking Lessons with the Raspberry Pi by Jon Witts is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.raspberrypi.org/learning/networking-lessons/.