- Insert your Windows XP Professional CD into your computer. When it auto runs, choose “Install optional Windows components”
- In the window that opens, scroll down the list until you find “Internet Information Services (IIS)” and tick the box next to it.
- Click “Next” then wait whilst Windows installs IIS.
- Click “Finish” and then close the CD window. Continue reading Installing IIS, PHP and MySQL on a Windows XP Professional
- First install your system; either a base install of Debian or Ubuntu Server or the full desktop install, depending on what else you want to use it for.
- Start a terminal and type “sudo apt-get install apache2”
- Type “Y” when prompted to accept the new packages Continue reading Install Apache 2 PHP 5 and MySQL 5 on Ubuntu / Debian systems
(Utilising Samba, dhcp3 and webmin)
- Boot PC from Debain CD
- Select Language and Location
- Select Keyboard type
- Enter Hostname – e.g. HOST1 Continue reading How to set Debian Linux up to be a Primary Domain Controller